A CLASS TO REMEMBER!
In a word.... WHEW! What an incredible two weeks!
- 12 students with varying levels of experience and knowledge, all with unique personalities and backgrounds
- 1 fabulous, DEDICATED and PATIENT instructor
- 1 incredible facility and equipment
- 1 super organized and thoughtful administrator (Judy) with perfect memory
- 14 days of mostly lousy weather
- 1 gondola field trip
Combine ingredients in large box canyon (Telluride). Mix well. Add a pinch (?!) of humor. Mix some more. Keep mixing until all the lumps are gone and you have a smooth blend (kinda like paste). Place in press off and on. Cut into rectangles. Yield: +/- 30 books and some pretty lasting friendships.
Call me biased... I LOVED this class. It was, of course, my first BIG class. For me, it was a total delight. I learned so much! (I daresay Don did too...;-) What a lot of work for everyone but, in the end, a success. A big THANK YOU! to everyone in the class and to Don for his excellent guidance, skill and gentle demeanor. This was a large class but everyone worked together, supported and helped each other, and felt they gained in numerous ways - skill, understanding, experience. In some ways, we became like a family as well... an extra bonus! I could not have had a better experience for my first go around at learning what this place is all about.
Don receives an award!.. a gift from the National Archives of Malaysia.
Posted by Deb